Below is a detailed list of our comprehensive full-time property management services. Our services, long term rentals and vacation rentals cover the Monterey Coast of Santa Cruz County in California including Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Live Oak, Capitola, Aptos, La Selva Beach, San Lorenzo Valley, and Watsonville.
All dealings with your tenants will be handled directly by our office staff.
- Our tenant base is acquired from referrals, advertising, corporate contacts and business associates.
- Each applicant’s credit report is obtained directly by Credit Communications, Inc., current employment is verified, and references and histories are confirmed with former landlords.
- An orientation session is conducted with each resident to be assured they understand specific obligations regarding care of your property.
- We collect all rents on your behalf and distribute funds to owners and vendors .
- Kendall and Potter Santa Cruz Property Management prepares all rental and lease agreements, establish policies and regulations, and collect initial rent and security deposits and enter into a separate Trust Account.
- We offer services for making personal deposits and payments to meet specific needs of our clients.
- Direct wire transfers to your individual accounts are available.
- Rent policies are aggressively enforced. Late notices are sent on the sixth of the month. Should rent fall into arrears, we will initiate and supervise eviction proceedings.
We pay routine property expenses as directed by you. These may include mortgage payments, property taxes, insurance and associations fees.
- Our position as an established Property Management Company can earn us discounted prices on many expenses. We pass these savings along to our property owners.
- Our monthly management fee is competitive AND there are no set-up fees, no charges for locating tenants. If we do not have your property rented or leased, we do not charge a management fee. Owner pays for any extra advertising outside of our venues.
As your agent we will do the following:
- Place advertisements on Craig’s List and on our web site. www.montereycoast.com
- Make appointments to show properties.
- Collect applications and screen tenants.
- Contact owner with tenant’s information.
- Draw up lease agreement including all legal disclosures.
- Prepare the move-in inspection report
- Send all copies of documentation to owner.
We protect our client’s investments with conscientious routine maintenance and quick effective action in emergency situations.
- Prior to tenant’s possession, we complete an extensive inventory and condition checklist to document the property’s check-in condition, for information at vacating.
- We also conduct interior inspections to verify the property is being maintained and if any additional repairs are necessary.
- We are available by telephone at all times. In the event of an emergency, we can respond to situations quickly and effectively on the owner’s behalf.
Each month, owners receive a detailed computer generated account statement.
- Income checks are mailed promptly or direct deposited and statements can be emailed.
- Owner approval is solicited prior to contracting major repairs of improvements over $500.00.
- Comprehensive monthly and year-end financial statements, useful for tax preparation are issued.
- We monitor area prices and comparable rents to ensure our owners receive top market rents.
Our management Agreement will remain in effect until either you or Kendall & Potter initiate termination, which requires 60 day’s written notice.
This is only a summary of our services and procedures. Please contact our unfurnished rental office at 831-477-7934 or toll free at 800.688.0361 for a detailed contract review.