Tenants are required to give their landlord or property manager a 30-day notice to vacate the long term rental property. If your lease is a month to month, a 30-day notice is adequate and must be in writing. If you are on a lease, a 30-day notice in writing is required 30 days before your lease expires.
BE SURE TO READ YOUR LEASE.
You will receive move-out materials in the mail. Please read carefully in order to understand the procedures of a move-out.
- Pre-Inspections: You will be contacted by your landlord or property manager regarding a pre-inspection of the property regarding your security deposit disposition. You will be instructed to repair or replace some items to bring the property back to the condition when you moved into the property.
- Move-in Checklist: You received a copy of the Move In Checklist when you picked up your keys. Please check the list to return the property to the same condition.
- Cleaning and Repairs: All windows must be cleaned inside and outside. All appliances should be cleaned including refrigerator, oven, light fixtures, fireplaces, etc. All light bulbs should be working. Please see the Cleaning Checklist for guidelines to cleaning your property.
- Carpets: All carpets must be professionally cleaned and professionally flea sprayed if you have a pet. PAYMENT RECEIPTS ARE REQUIRED AS PROOF OF COMPLETION. If you do not submit a receipt, it will be determined that you did not professionally clean the carpets, and your landlord or property manager will have them cleaned and the cost will be deducted from your security deposit.
- Scheduling: If your landlord or property manager have to arrange for any cleaning or repairs after you vacate, you will be charged an additional $25.00 by landlord or property manager to arrange and schedule these repairs.
- Keys, etc.: You MUST return all keys, garage door openers, parking permits, pool keys, etc. the day you move out. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET. If your keys are not returned on the day you vacate, you will be charged rent until our office receives your keys.
- If you leave any keys, garage door openers, parking permits, pool keys, etc. in the property after you vacate, you will be charged a trip charge of $25.00 for our office to retrieve the keys, etc.
- Security Deposits: Your security will be returned to you within 21 days after you vacate, less any additional cleaning, repairs, past due rent or key charges.
- Please be sure to give your landlord or property manager your new address.